Drug Possession Charges In Texas
Former prosecutor, Amanda Webb has tried many possession charges in the state of Texas which include:
- Drug sale or drug distribution
- Drug trafficking
- Delivery of drugs
- Drug possession
- Drug transportation
- Drug smuggling
- Operating a meth lab
- Drug manufacturing
Each charge demands it’s own legal expertise and requires you to have an open relationship with your lawyer. Amanda understands what it takes to get the best possible outcome for her clients as related to drug possession charges.
Texas Penal Code For Drug Possessions State:
Sec. 481.121. Possession of Marihuana
In Texas, possession of even a tiny amount of marijuana can land you in jail.
(a) Except as authorized by this chapter, a person commits an offense if the person knowingly or intentionally possesses a usable quantity of marihuana.
(b) An offense under Subsection (a) is:
(1) a Class B misdemeanor if the amount of marihuana possessed is two ounces or less;
(2) a Class A misdemeanor if the amount of marihuana possessed is four ounces or less but more than two ounces;
(3) a state jail felony if the amount of marihuana possessed is five pounds or less but more than four ounces;
(4) a felony of the third degree if the amount of marihuana possessed is 50 pounds or less but more than 5 pounds;
(5) a felony of the second degree if the amount of marihuana possessed is 2,000 pounds or less but more than 50 pounds; and
(6) punishable by imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for life or for a term of not more than 99 years or less than 5 years, and a fine not to exceed $50,000, if the amount of marihuana possessed is more than 2,000 pounds.
Amanda Webb – The Webb Firm, P.C. – Drug Possession Lawyer in Montgomery County Texas
Amanda Webb, Former Prosecutor for Montgomery County and other Webb Firm, P.C. Lawyers have extensive experience in helping individuals who have been charged with this crime. Our lawyers have the trial experience needed to achieve the outcomes desired by our clients. If you’ve been charged with this crime, please call: 936-647-3352 or contact us here.